Tuesday, January 02, 2007

IBS dont be fooled by all the GENTLE LAXATIVES!!!!

IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
Hey its me again with another little helpful hint. This is something that I thought about delving into many a times and for some reason or another decided not to. Now I am thankful that i did not go this route. The route I am talking about is Laxatives. Now I'm sure you have all seen the articles or advertisements that things like senna aloe just to name a couple, are the magic all natural tools you need to relieve constipation or in the long run help IBS-D by improving bowel tone.....This is nothing but a lie...This DOES NOT HELP FOR IBS. These things can become addicting and very hard to get off of. It will shortly turn into a situation where you have to have them to have a bowel movement and this is definitely not what we are shooting for. My advice and I think anyone you knows the truth about stabilizing IBS is that you need to slowly introduce a completely soluble fiber supplement. My favorite is an Acacia based soluble fiber. Most if not all of the others can cause gas and bloating in IBS patients.

Well This is just my little word for the day. Once again please feel free to comment :)

No comments: