Tuesday, January 02, 2007

ENEMA AND COLON CLEANSING FOR IBS-VERY BIG NO NO

ENEMAS AND COLON CLEANSING FOR IBS

I am going to try to make this short and very straight forward. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON(unless an enema is needed for immediate severe pain removal) TAKE PART IN SELF ENEMAS OR C OLON CLEANSING. They are very addicting/habit forming and are the worst thing for a hyper sensitive gut(this is what you have if you have IBS) Try slowing adding an Acacia based soluble fiber(1/2 teaspoon just to start double the dose slowly say every week or two/whatever your body adapts too. There is no such thing as moving too slow with the soluble fiber but there is with moving too fast so take your time.) instead of using these harsh methods. If you decide to start on the soluble fiber try to stay away from fibers that are not acacia based because most on the market can cause gas pain and bloating in IBS patients.

I hope that was short enough :) I would love to hear comments from you

1 comment:

djo said...

I have IBS and Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia and so on. But the Colon Cleanse made me miserable!!!!! I was in sooooo much agony. A lot of pressure bloating, sounds , movement, but NO EXIT. OUCHHHHHHHH!! not for people with IBS. I would recommend taking 3000mg of Omega3's a day. That helps keep me going pretty regular.